Sunday, July 8, 2012

Bio-data


I am a Ph.D student in Folkloristics (North Eastern Hill University-NEHU, India) with an M.A in Cultural Studies (Tezpur University, India) and M.Phil in Folklore Research (Gauhati University, India). Currently, I am working as a visiting Ph.D student in the Dept. of Estonian and Comparative Folklore Studies, the University of Tartu, Estonia. Prior to this, I worked as an ad-hoc lecturer for few months at Kampur College, Assam, India.

I have had a keen interest in the field of Art and Aesthetics, and I was actively involved in the seminars as well as workshops in the area of performing arts and theatre. I have likewise been involved in research on art forms and also taught Master students in NEHU about Indian Dramaturgy.

I have a particular interest in dance and  have been trained  in open and closed performance. I worked as a Dance teacher in a music school in India, where I taught Indian classical dance as well as some folk dance forms. Moreover, my article ‘Dealing Performance’ was published in a web magazine 7sisters.in in May 2011. I have been associated with a performing institution, ‘KKIPA’, since 2003 and have been a member of a cultural NGO, ‘AESTHETICS’, since last year .



Postal Address:
Purabi Baruah
Research Scholar
Department of Cultural and Creative Studies
NEHU, Shillong-793022, India
Mobile:+919864245662/+37258392771
skype id: p.baruah.talukdar12
email: baruah.p12@gmail.com







No comments:

Post a Comment